Monday, March 14, 2011

Blessed Sunday! Great message today =)

After missing 2 Sunday services, certainly felt the dust collecting at my feet haha =p. But I'm glad that I went to church today.

Though the day didn't started out well had a stupid quarrel with my mum over some petty issues (from my point of view haha). But I guessed she was just worried about dad as he was in Japan when the earthquake happened. She must thought that I didn't care much, which hurt me a little, but I'm absolutely positive that God's protection is over my family and no harm will dare to come near my family!! I pray for everyone in Japan that they will be able to recover from the disaster asap and may all the lost people be found and rescued in Jesus name.

Pastor Lawrence preached a really great message today. He talked about us feeling worthy and deserving. We may sometimes feel that we have did a lot or try to earn something by doing good so much so that we feel that we deserve something good and are worthy of something better. But are we truly worthy and deserving?

I really liked the way Pastor Lawrence put it when he said that when we do good it is normal, it is normal for us to do good things and we should not expect anything in return. Doing good is not a bargain chip with God and doing good will not make us any more worthy and deserving of blessing than the person beside us. (I'm totally not against doing good deeds) However, we are only worthy and deserving of blessing because Jesus died on the cross for us.

I also loved the part he talked about in Luke 5:17, the healing of the paralytic. Jesus saw the faith in his friends! Not the paralytic's! It really shows how important kingdom friendships are and more importantly, how powerful MY FAITH is!!!! If I believe and pray for my friends IT WILL BE DONE =). Truly, I feel that knowing this is not enough. I feel that it's time for me to move out of my comfort zone, step up and pray for the people I love, especially for my family. For the prayer of the righteous avails much!!

And lastly just to remind myself, I'm the beloved child of God =) and the week shall be full of the Lord's favor and mercies =)

No comments: